Creating a YouTube Subscribe link is simple and easy in 2021. Here’s exactly how to do it. When people click on the subscribe link that we’ll create, it will ask if they want to subscribe to your channel. It’s much more powerful than simply sending people to your channel.
Step-by-step: How to create a subscribe link
- Find the url for your YouTube page. You can login to your YouTube channel, then choose “YouTube Studio Beta”
- Select “View channel from YouTube” in the top left corner
- Copy that url. Then add ?sub_confirmation=1 to the end of your YouTube url (for example: https://youtube.com/jacoble?sub_confirmation=1)
- This is the link you can use for people to subscribe to your channel.
What are the best practices for sharing a subscribe link url?
- Tell people why it is worth subscribing and let people know the link will auto-subscribe them. You don’t want to list a YouTube URL and not make it clear what people are clicking on. Here’s an example from my video production website.
2. Put it on both your website and your social profiles. Make the case for why people should subscribe to you on Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, in an email and on Instagram. Then, link to the auto-subscribe URL we just created.
Does the subscribe link work on mobile?
The link works on every device! Whether people are browsing on a computer, Chromebook, iPad, or smartphone, your link will work for them. It’s a great way to increase your total number of subscribers.
Do I need to have my own custom URL to create subscribe link?
No! But, it is worth it to create your own custom URL as soon as you are eligible. It looks cleaner, it’s more professional, and you can even place your URL on business cards. To be eligible for your own URL, you need to:
- Have over 100 subscribers
- Have a channel that’s more than 30 days old
- Upload your own photo for your channel icon
- Upload your own channel art
How do I claim my custom URL if I am eligible?
Swipe File: How to Create a Website that Generates a Flood of Local Sales & Leads
- See the structure of the top performing businesses in the U.S.
- Learn strategies that you can instantly implement to boost local leads & sales
It will say “you’re eligible for a custom url, claim it here”. Click the blue “here” and enter in the name.
Conclusion: Creating a link that subscribes people to your channel is a fast and easy way to gain followers
Don’t simply link people to your YouTube channel. Make the case for why they should subscribe to you and include subscribe links on your social profiles, emails, and on your websites. It will work best if people know the link will take them to subscribe. Make the case for why they need to subscribe right now!
It’s an amazing way to leverage your existing channels to grow on YouTube. All you have to do is add ?sub_confirmation=1 to the end of your YouTube url.
Did you know, on my YouTube channel, I frequently post strategies to help busy small business owners market their business, make more money, and connect with qualified leads? Subscribe for ongoing tips that will help your business grow and survive.
Do you want to really grow on YouTube and social media and take things to the next level?
Take a look at my ultimate guide to social media marketing.
You might also want to watch this video to find out how to share a specific time Youtube link.